Wednesday, May 6, 2009

'you just use the future to escape the present'


I'm getting more and more excited about what I plan to do over the summer. Not vacation wise, since my mom doesn't leave the house. In a creative, artsy way. I plan to make a scrapbook of my favorite quotes and photos all arranged on separate pages decorated really nice. I already have a great big scrapbook and everything! I'm going to absolutely love doing that project. My own little self-expressing project. Haha, my Mom's going to look at it when it's all finished (which probably won't be till mid-august at least) and be shocked. She doesn't know me at all.
I'm also planning to write my first story this summer! I've had a story line formed in my head for about a month, and personally I find the whole scenario of it pretty interesting. I wrote down ideas and basic points of it in my journal last night. I'm pretty excited about it, I just always enjoyed writing since I can remember.
I think both of these projects are a good way to occupy some of my time during the summer. I need to use up all of this precious time away from everything in a productive way.

For my next hair appointment I'm thinking about getting bangs again. I had them when I was younger and started growing them out in 4th grade. I spent that whole year wearing a headband, seriously. It took me FOREVER to grow my bangs out.. but I want bangs again. I don't know yet whether to get side bangs or just straight down. I'll have to ask the lady who usually does mine. I'm definitely growing mine out long though, no more cutting. It's pretty long already too. And I'm getting my highlights re-done, finally. I can't stand my roots anymore. June come soon!


I've become addicted to lookbook.

2 comments:

  1. ooh. i love the dress in that second photo.

    your projects sound really fun. just hearing about it makes me want to do the same. i guess i have my work cut out for me with the collage i'm doing on the back of my door, though. you should take some pictures of your scrapbook and post them; i'm sure it will be gorgeous. i would also like to read your story when you finish it, i just know it will be incredible. =D
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. =D thank you! i'm glad you enjoyed that. i'm hoping i'll be able to take a picture of it before the end of the month; sometimes it takes my teacher a while to get projects back to us.
    oh my goodness. your story sounds really good. i can't wait to read it! it kinda reminds me of something sarah dessen would write, with a little more somber feel.
    <3

    ReplyDelete